The PWP team has been hard at work at some new features as we prepare for an open-pilot to all of Georgia Tech’s campus, tentatively scheduled for Summer 2015.
PWP was updated as soon as the vulnerabilities were released to the community.
Simple Social Icons has been added to the plugin list on PWP.
Simple Social Icons is an easy to use, customizable way to display icons that link visitors to your various social profiles. With it, you can easily choose which profiles to link to, customize the color and size of your icons, as well as align them to the left, center, or right, all from the widget form (no settings page necessary!).
PWP users can now add social media icons to anywhere on their website that allows widgets to be placed.
GT Boilerplate Update
GT Boilerplate, the standard Georgia Tech theme for WordPress, has been updated with the following new options:
- Advanced mobile styling (header, footer)
- Addition of top user bar (Georgia Tech links, social media placement)
- Removal of unnecessary backend code
- Addition of custom logo options that override the Georgia Tech logo
These features are immediately available and should not impact any current website using GT Boilerplate. If you are already using GT Boilerplate, you will not need to do anything – the theme has been automatically updated.
Please contact PWP administrators with any issues.
Future GT Boilerplate Changes
A few changes are available on the roadmap to expanding GT Boilerplate:
- Placement of Font Awesome integration into a CDN to match Institute Communications practices.
- Importing of mobile menu created by Institute Communications.
- Refinement of header styling for mobile.