Hi! I’m Zoe Maisel. I am an industrial engineering major from Cumming, GA. I am so excited to take on my first English class at Georgia Tech! I enjoy written and electronic communication, so this project is pretty exciting for me. A great combination! I can’t wait to spread my thoughts, opinions, and ideas throughout my own personal cute lil blog. I struggle with nonverbal communication during public speaking, so this is a great way for me to hide behind my computer and avoid working on that… just kidding! kinda. But for real, I truly do hope to improve on my body language, accenting, and tone throughout the semester.

Image result for new girl excited gif

Hashtag excited for all the electronic communication in this class

I chose the television and feminism theme mostly for the feminism side. It is something I am very passionate about and I can’t wait to delve deeper into the history and evolution of it. I want to make sure I am thoroughly and properly informed so that I can spread the knowledge and importance of feminism. And fight for equality!

Image result for new girl gif

Be prepared for plenty of feminist rants during class discussions.

However, I am not an expert on the TV side. I have a history of starting shows and never finishing them. I either get bored or can’t find time to continue them. Don’t get me wrong, I have my favorites that I have finished and obsess over (One Tree Hill, How I Met Your Mother, The Office), but TV is just not really my thing.

But this semester, I am determined. It will be my thing. I am going to integrate it into my new college life.

Image result for new girl gif it's perfectly fine to watch tv all day

I will be reminding myself these wise words from Nick Miller

I have chosen New Girl to review, specifically season 6. I was a big fan of seasons 1-5. This is actually a perfect assignment because I had not watched TV in a while, and I did not know that there was a new season of New Girl until I logged in to Netflix to watch The Good Place. It was exciting news! New Girl is about a quirky and fun-loving woman who moves into a loft with 3 very fun and interesting men. They go on many crazy adventures and each of them is hilarious in their own way. I chose this show because I enjoyed the previous seasons and watching them for comedy, and now I get to analyze this new season and discover new information about the show’s characters, writing, gender roles, and so much more.

Image result for new girl gif fun

Me when I realized I get to watch more New Girl AND make a blog about it