Foundation of Data Science – Summer School 2019
FDS Summer School
- August 5, 2019 – August 8, 2019
- ISyE Main Building, 228
755 Ferst Drive, NW, Atlanta, GA 30332
This summer school will introduce participants to a theoretical foundation of data science, with a selection of application topics. The emphasis will be on foundational concepts from statistics, optimization, and signal processing, and applications of these techniques in developing cross-disciplinary research. Topics include optimization, high-dimensional statistics, uncertainty quantifications, signal processing, and various models. The summer school is sponsored by the NSF TRIPODS Institute at the Georgia Institute of Technology. See triad.gatech.edu for more information.
The intended audience for the summer school are advanced graduate students and postdoctoral researchers with a background in statistics, computer science, mathematics or related fields.
- Xiaoming Huo – ISyE, A. Russell Chandler III Professor
- Yao Xie – ISyE, Harold R. and Mary Anne Nash Early Career Professor and Assistant Professor
- Mark Davenport – Associate Professor, Georgia Tech, ECE
- Arkadi S Nemirovski – Professor, Georgia Tech, ISyE
- Vladimir I Koltchinskii – Professor, Georgia Tech, Math
- Polo Chau – Associate Professor, Georgia Tech, CSE
- Yao Xie – Associate Professor, Georgia Tech, ISyE
- Xiaoming Huo – Professor, Georgia Tech, ISyE
- Industry Guest Speaker Huan Yan – Data Science at Wellsfargo