DBD-Threader is a program for predicting the DNA-binding function of a protein. The program is a threading-based approach that requires only sequence as input. If the protein is predicted as DNA-binding, the program will report its DNA-binding domain(s) detected and DNA-binding protein residues. Details of the method is described in the reference below.
To use the webservice of this program, please copy and paste your sequence in the FASTA format. The results will be sent back to your via the e-mail address you provided. Note that the length of the sequence is limited to 1700 amino acids.
If you find the service useful, please cite the following publication:
M. Gao and J. Skolnick. 2009. A threading-based method for the prediction of DNA-binding proteins with application to the human genome.. PLoS computational biology. 5(11):e1000567. PDF
This software is freely available to ALL users.
DBD-Threader Predictions on the Human Genome
- List of predicted DNA-binding proteins
- Sequences of predicted DNA-binding proteins
- Protein models of predicted DNA-binding domains
- DB179 (DNA-binding proteins)
- NB3797 (Non-DNA-binding proteins)
- APO-HOLO 104 (DNA-binding proteins in DNA-free and DNA-bound forms)
- Template library (DNA/Protein Complex Structures)
This page is maintained by Mu Gao.