The PWP team is proud to announce GT Branding – a new plugin designed solely to easily apply Georgia Tech branding on a PWP website.
If you require or want a Georgia Tech header and/or footer on your website, enable this plugin to provide this functionality.
What’s the change?
As of this morning, all themes except for GT Boilerplate have had GT header/footer branding removed.
Above: The GT header and GT footer.
Maintaining the Georgia Tech header and footer elements in each theme was becoming unscalable and time-consuming, so the decision was made to move this functionality into a plugin rather than each of the PWP themes.
What this gets you is:
- Consistency – what is available for GT branding on one theme is available for another.
- Usability – the header and footer have been cleaned up (no more unofficial text).
- Scalability – now, when a Georgia Tech branding update launches on campus, it can be updated in one step for all PWP websites that have this plugin enabled.
How do I get the GT branding?
The good news is that if you had your social media links already defined in the settings, enabling GT Branding will maintain those settings and links.
To enable and use GT Branding, follow the directions below:
- Navigate to your website and log in (if your website does not have a login URL, log in from PWP). From the top menu, select ‘Your Site Name’ and click the ‘Dashboard’ link.
- From the Dashboard, click the Plugins sidebar link.
- Enable ‘GT Branding’ and click Save.
- To configure the GT branding options, go to ‘Appearance -> Customizer’ from the admin sidebar.
- From the Customizer, select ‘Georgia Tech Branding Settings’ toenable or disable the GT Header and/or GT Footer. Select ‘Social Media Icons’ to provide URLs to your social media page(s).
- Click save to save any configuration changes made within the Customizer.