As GT Boilerplate, the primary and default theme used on PWP, continues to grow and expand, we are constantly looking for new features, fixes, and add-ons to make the theme even better.
We are approaching GT Boilerplate v1.7, a ‘tick’ update (new features, new controls) rather than bug fixes. v1.7 has some new features that many sites will want to take care of.
New Features in v1.7
- Default and selectable Georgia Tech logos for colleges.
- Enable a full-width header, footer, and content areas for sites.
- Enable a minimal GT footer for sites.
- Fully-configured and embedded social media icons within the theme settings. Services include traditional social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc), media services (Instagram, YouTube, Vine), as well as niche services (Github).
- Clean-up of theme settings (removal of unneeded Genesis admin menu).
- Removal of site title color feature.
- Tweaks to the tablet theme display.
How to Prepare for v1.7
No themes should have to make sizable changes. Anyone currently utilizing social media icons in their header should remove their current social media buttons, as this new feature will override the current setup.
Down the Road
As we look ahead, we’ve got quite a few items on the PWP roadmap for the GT Boilerplate theme:
- Action items menu (sub menu embedded in menu bar).
- Search incorporated into menu bar.
- A fork of GT Boilerplate focused on following a GT subtheme variation.