- Gramacy, Robert B., and Benjamin Haaland. “Speeding up neighborhood search in local Gaussian process prediction.” Technometrics just-accepted (2015).
- Girard, M. J., Tin A. Tun, Rahat Husain, Sanchalika Acharyya, Benjamin A. Haaland, Xin Wei, Jean M. Mari et al. “Lamina cribrosa visibility using optical coherence tomography: comparison of devices and effects of image enhancement techniques.” Investigative ophthalmology & visual science 56, no. 2 (2015): 865-874.
- Finkelstein, Eric A., Aarti Sahasranaman, Geraldine John, Benjamin A. Haaland, Marcel Bilger, Robert A. Sloan, Ei Ei Khaing Nang, and Kelly R. Evenson. “Design and baseline characteristics of participants in the TRial of Economic Incentives to Promote Physical Activity (TRIPPA): A randomized controlled trial of a six month pedometer program with financial incentives.”Contemporary clinical trials 41 (2015): 238-247.
- Lai, Hsuan, Caroline V. Choong, Stephanie Fook-Chong, Yih Yng Ng, Eric A. Finkelstein, Benjamin Haaland, E. Shaun Goh et al. “Interventional strategies associated with improvements in survival for out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in Singapore over 10 years.” Resuscitation 89 (2015): 155-161.
- Seow, Dominique YB, Benjamin Haaland, and Tazeen H. Jafar. “The Association of Prehypertension With Meals Eaten Away From Home in Young Adults in Singapore.” American journal of hypertension (2015): hpv027.
- Dawood, Shaheenah, Benjamin Haaland, C. Albaracin, S. Gupta, J. Cortes, Y. Y. Sim, and R. A. Dent. “Is the Proportion of Patients Diagnosed with Synchronous Stage IV Breast Cancer Who Survive More than Two Years Increasing over Time.” Oncology 89, no. 2 (2015): 79-87.
- Tan, Eng Huat, Daniel Shao Weng Tan, Wen Yun Li, Benjamin Haaland, Mei Kim Ang, Noan Min Chau, Chee Keong Toh et al. “Metronomic vinorelbine (oral) in combination with sorafenib in advanced non-small cell lung cancer.”Lung Cancer 88, no. 3 (2015): 289-296.
- Leung, Ying-Ying, Julian Thumboo, Bak Siew Wong, Ben Haaland, Balram Chowbay, Bibhas Chakraborty, Mann Hong Tan, and Virginia B. Kraus. “Colchicine effectiveness in symptom and inflammation modification in knee osteoarthritis (COLKOA): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.”Trials 16, no. 1 (2015): 200.
- Boh, Connie, Huihua Li, Eric Finkelstein, Benjamin Haaland, Xiaohui Xin, Susan Yap, Yogeswary Pasupathi, and Marcus EH Ong. “Factors Contributing to Inappropriate Visits of Frequent Attenders and Their Economic Effects at an Emergency Department in Singapore.” Academic Emergency Medicine 22, no. 9 (2015): 1025-1033.
- Tan, Pui S., Gilberto Lopes, Sanchalika Acharyya, Marcel Bilger, and Benjamin Haaland. “Bayesian network meta-comparison of maintenance treatments for stage IIIb/IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with good performance status not progressing after first-line induction chemotherapy: Results by performance status, EGFR mutation, histology and response to previous induction.” European Journal of Cancer 51, no. 16 (2015): 2330-2344.
- Sloan, Robert A., Susumu S. Sawada, Corby K. Martin, and Benjamin Haaland. “Combined association of fitness and central adiposity with health-related quality of life in healthy Men: a cross-sectional study.” Health and quality of life outcomes 13, no. 1 (2015): 1.
- Malhotra, Rahul, Benjamin A. Haaland, Choy‐Lye Chei, Angelique Chan, Chetna Malhotra, and David B. Matchar. “Presence of and correction for interviewer error on an instrument assessing cognitive function of older adults.” Geriatrics & gerontology international 15, no. 3 (2015): 372-380.
- Nongpiur, Monisha E., Benjamin A. Haaland, Shamira A. Perera, David S. Friedman, Mingguang He, Lisandro M. Sakata, Mani Baskaran, and Tin Aung. “Development of a score and probability estimate for detecting angle closure based on anterior segment optical coherence tomography.” American journal of ophthalmology 157, no. 1 (2014): 32-38.
- Liu, Nan, Marcus Aik Beng Lee, Andrew Fu Wah Ho, Benjamin Haaland, Stephanie Fook-Chong, Zhi Xiong Koh, Pin Pin Pek et al. “Risk stratification for prediction of adverse coronary events in emergency department chest pain patients with a machine learning score compared with the TIMI score.” International journal of cardiology 177, no. 3 (2014): 1095-1097.
- Liu, Nan, Zhi Xiong Koh, Junyang Goh, Zhiping Lin, Benjamin Haaland, Boon Ping Ting, and Marcus Eng Ong. “Prediction of adverse cardiac events in emergency department patients with chest pain using machine learning for variable selection.” BMC medical informatics and decision making 14, no. 1 (2014): 75.
- Liu, Nan, Junyang Goh, Zhiping Lin, Zhi Xiong Koh, Stephanie Fook-Chong, Benjamin Haaland, Khin Lay Wai, Boon Ping Ting, Nur Shahidah, and Marcus Eng Hock Ong. “Validation of a Risk Scoring Model for Prediction of Acute Cardiac Complications in Chest Pain Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department.”International Journal of Cardiology (2014).
- Haaland, Benjamin, Akhil Chopra, Sanchalika Acharyya, André P. Fay, and Gilberto de Lopes. “Comparative effectiveness of approved first-line anti-angiogenic and molecularly targeted therapeutic agents in the treatment of good and intermediate risk metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma.”BMC Cancer 14, no. 1 (2014): 592.
- Snow, Grace, Benjamin Haaland, Eng Eong Ooi and Duane Gubler. “Research on Dengue during World War II Revisited.” to appear in American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- Nongpiur, Monisha E., Benjamin A. Haaland, Shamira A. Perera, David S. Friedman, Mingguang He, Lisandro M. Sakata, Mani Baskaran, and Tin Aung. “Development of a Score and Probability Estimate for Detecting Angle Closure Based on Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography.” American journal of ophthalmology 157, no. 1 (2014): 32-38.
- Tan, Daniel SW, Benjamin Haaland, Jia Min Gan, Su Chin Tham, Indrajit Sinha, Eng Huat Tan, Kiat Hon Lim et al. “Bosutinib inhibits migration and invasion via ack1 in kras mutant non-small cell lung cancer.” Molecular cancer 13, no. 1 (2014): 13.
- Yau, T. Y., L. A. A. Alkandari, B. Haaland, W. Low, and C. H. Tan. “Is intravenous contrast necessary for detection of clinically significant extracolonic findings in patients undergoing CT colonography?.” The British journal of radiology 87, no. 1036 (2014).
- Haaland, Ben, and Alan Y. Chiang. “Bayesian Semiparametric Predictive Modeling with Applications in Dose-Response Prediction.” Journal of biopharmaceutical statistics 24, no. 2 (2014): 294-309.
- Tan, Pui S., Benjamin Haaland, Alberto J. Montero, Christos E. Kyriakopoulos, and Gilberto Lopes. “Hormonal Therapeutics Enzalutamide and Abiraterone Acetate in the Treatment of Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) Post-docetaxel—an Indirect Comparison.” Clinical Medicine Insights. Oncology 8 (2014): 29.
- Haaland, Benjamin, Pui San Tan, Gilberto de Castro Jr, and Gilberto Lopes. “Meta-Analysis of First-Line Therapies in Advanced Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer Harboring EGFR-Activating Mutations.” Journal of Thoracic Oncology 9, no. 6 (2014): 805-811.
- Aftab, Syed Arafat, Kiang Hiong Tay, Farah G. Irani, Richard Hoau Gong Lo, Apoorva Gogna, Benjamin Haaland, Seck Guan Tan et al. “Randomized Clinical Trial of Cutting Balloon Angioplasty versus High-Pressure Balloon Angioplasty in Hemodialysis Arteriovenous Fistula Stenoses Resistant to Conventional Balloon Angioplasty.” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology 25, no. 2 (2014): 190-198.
- Ang, Siok‐Hoon, Benjamin Haaland, Sanchalika Acharyya, Minn MM Thu, Sai‐Sakktee Krisna, Siok‐Gek Hwang, Puay‐Hoon Tan et al. “Interactions between clinical factors, p16 and cyclin‐D1 expression and survival outcomes in oropharyngeal and hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.” Head & neck (2014).
- Ku, Geoffrey Y., Benjamin A. Haaland, Tatsuya Ioka, Hiroyuki Isayama, Yousuke Nakai, Ann-Lii Cheng, Takuji Okusaka, and Gilberto de Lima Lopes Jr. “Meta-analysis of randomized phase II and phase III trials of gemcitabine with/without S-1 in Asian patients with advanced pancreatic cancer.” Revista Brasileira de Oncologia Clínica Vol 10, no. 35 (2014).
- Fam, Johnson, A. John Rush, Benjamin Haaland, Sylvaine Barbier, and Chi Luu. “Visual contrast sensitivity in major depressive disorder.” Journal of psychosomatic research 75, no. 1 (2013): 83-86.
- Ong, Marcus Eng Hock, Ken Goh, Stephanie Fook-Chong, Benjamin Haaland, Khin Lay Wai, Zhi Xiong Koh, Nur Shahidah, and Zhiping Lin. “Heart rate variability risk score for prediction of acute cardiac complications in ED patients with chest pain.” The American journal of emergency medicine 31, no. 8 (2013): 1201-1207.
- Lee, Chau Hung, Benjamin Haaland, Arul Earnest, and Cher Heng Tan. “Use of positive oral contrast agents in abdominopelvic computed tomography for blunt abdominal injury: meta-analysis and systematic review.” European radiology 23, no. 9 (2013): 2513-2521.
- Tan, Pui San, Benjamin Haaland, Alberto J. Montero, and Gilberto Lopes. “A meta-analysis of anastrozole in combination with fulvestrant in the first line treatment of hormone receptor positive advanced breast cancer.” Breast cancer research and treatment 138, no. 3 (2013): 961-965.
- Sloan, Robert Alan, Benjamin Adam Haaland, Carol Leung, and Falk Müller-Riemenschneider. “The use of point-of-decision prompts to increase stair climbing in Singapore.” International journal of environmental research and public health 10, no. 1 (2013): 210-218.
- Nongpiur, Monisha E., Benjamin A. Haaland, David S. Friedman, Shamira A. Perera, Mingguang He, Li-Lian Foo, Mani Baskaran, Lisandro M. Sakata, Tien Y. Wong, and Tin Aung. “Classification algorithms based on anterior segment optical coherence tomography measurements for detection of angle closure.” Ophthalmology 120, no. 1 (2013): 48-54.
- Ong, Shin-Yeu, M. Kamran Ikram, Benjamin Adam Haaland, Ching-Yu Cheng, Seang-Mei Saw, Tien Yin Wong, and Carol Y. Cheung. “Myopia and cognitive dysfunction: The Singapore Malay eye study.” Investigative ophthalmology & visual science 54, no. 1 (2013): 799-803.
- Jafar, Tazeen H., Benjamin A. Haaland, Atif Rahman, Junaid A. Razzak, Marcel Bilger, Mohsen Naghavi, Ali H. Mokdad, and Adnan A. Hyder. “Non-communicable diseases and injuries in Pakistan: strategic priorities.” The Lancet 381, no. 9885 (2013): 2281-2290.
- Sloan, Robert Alan, Benjamin Adam Haaland, Carol Leung, Uma Padmanabhan, Han Chow Koh, and Alicia Zee. “Cross-validation of a non-exercise measure for cardiorespiratory fitness in Singaporean adults.” Singapore medical journal 54, no. 10 (2013): 576-580.
- Ong, Shin Yeu, Carol Y. Cheung, Xiang Li, Ecosse L. Lamoureux, M. Kamran Ikram, Jie Ding, Ching Yu Cheng, Benjamin A. Haaland et al. “Visual impairment, age-related eye diseases, and cognitive function: the Singapore Malay Eye study.” Archives of ophthalmology 130, no. 7 (2012): 895-900.
- Ku, Geoffrey Y., Benjamin A. Haaland, and Gilberto de Lima Lopes Jr. “Cetuximab in the first-line treatment of K-ras wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer: the choice and schedule of fluoropyrimidine matters.” Cancer chemotherapy and pharmacology 70, no. 2 (2012): 231-238.
- Riley, Crystal M., Benjamin A. Haaland, Sean R. Love, and David B. Matchar. “Expert estimates of caregiver hours for older Singaporeans with dementia.” Australasian journal on ageing 31, no. 4 (2012): 255-259.
- Rahman, Fazlur, Saideep Bose, Michael Linnan, Aminur Rahman, Saidur Mashreky, Benjamin Haaland, and Eric Finkelstein. “Cost-effectiveness of an injury and drowning prevention program in Bangladesh.” Pediatrics 130, no. 6 (2012): e1621-e1628.
- Haaland, Ben, and Peter ZG Qian. “Accurate emulators for large-scale computer experiments.” The Annals of Statistics 39, no. 6 (2011): 2974-3002.
- Xu, Xu, Ben Haaland, and Peter ZG Qian. “Sudoku-based space-filling designs.” Biometrika 98, no. 3 (2011): 711-720.
- Ku, Geoffrey Y., and Benjamin A. Haaland. “Gefitinib vs. chemotherapy as first-line therapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: meta-analysis of phase III trials.” Lung Cancer 74, no. 3 (2011): 469-473.
- Haaland, Ben, Wanli Min, Peter ZG Qian, and Yasuo Amemiya. “A statistical approach to thermal management of data centers under steady state and system perturbations.” Journal of the American Statistical Association 105, no. 491 (2010): 1030-1041.
- Haaland, Ben, and Peter ZG Qian. “An approach to constructing nested space-filling designs for multi-fidelity computer experiments.” Statistica Sinica 20, no. 3 (2010): 1063.
- Lee, Kenneth S., Robert H. Ablove, Steven Singh, Arthur A. De Smet, Benjamin Haaland, and Jason P. Fine. “Ultrasound imaging of normal displacement of the Extensor Carpi Ulnaris tendon within the ulnar groove in 12 forearm–wrist positions.” American Journal of Roentgenology 193, no. 3 (2009): 651-655.
- Blankenbaker, Donna G., Steven R. Ullrick, Kirkland W. Davis, Arthur A. De Smet, Ben Haaland, and Jason P. Fine. “Correlation of MRI findings with clinical findings of trochanteric pain syndrome.” Skeletal radiology 37, no. 10 (2008): 903-909.
- De Smet, Arthur A., David H. Nathan, Ben K. Graf, Benjamin A. Haaland, and Jason P. Fine. “Clinical and MRI findings associated with false-positive knee MR diagnoses of medial meniscal tears.” American Journal of Roentgenology 191, no. 1 (2008): 93-99.
- Boik, Robert J., and Ben Haaland. “Second-order accurate inference on simple, partial, and multiple correlations.” Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods 5, no. 2 (2005): 2.
- Haaland, Benjamin, Wenjia Wang, and Vaibhav Maheshwari. “A Framework for Controlling Sources of Inaccuracy in Gaussian Process Emulation of Deterministic Computer Experiments.” submitted.
- dos Santos, Lucas Vieira, Marco Antonio O. Lessa, João Paulo Lima, Benjamin Haaland, and Gilberto de Lima Lopes. “Curative-intent surgery for pancreatic tumors: a review of 3,386 procedures from the Brazilian National Health System.” submitted.
- Pontes, Luciola, Maryam Shafaee, Benjamin Haaland, and Gilberto de Lima Lopes. “Surgery for Central Nervous System Tumors in the Brazilian National Health Care System: a Review of 57,361 Cases.” submitted.
- Lee, Guek Eng Lee, Shaheenah Dawood, Benjamin Haaland, Pui San Tan, Nirmala Bhoo-Pathy, Ellen Warner, Victoria Sopik, Javaid Iqbal, Steven A. Narod, and Rebecca Dent. “Ten Year Survival in Women with Primary Stage IV Breast Cancer.” submitted.